Give me the old time religion where the love for God brought us to church and not the needs at home
Give me the old time religion where Christians were living saints and not hypocrites
I want the old time religion where purity was celebrated and sin detested.
I want the old path where neither text messages nor voice call is used to remind the saints about service.
Give me the old path where persecution was a testimony and not a reason for back sliding
Give me the old path where saints were more heavenly conscious and not the world base Christianity of today.
The old path
The pews and benches
The love built on trust
Where sisters married as virgins and not as single parents.
The old path where Christ was all
Husbands were loving;
Wives were supportive; and children were polite.
Women looked like ladies; Men looked like gentlemen; and children looked decent.
People loved the truth, and hated a lie.
Rejoicing sounded normal;
and crying sounded sincere.
Cursing was wicked; Drinking was evil; and divorce was unthinkable. Not where we are now. Divorce today preach tomorrow
We read the Bible in public; Prayed in school;
And preached from house to house.
To be called a Christian was worth living for;
Sex was a personal word. Homosexual was an unheard of word, And abortion was an illegal word.
Preachers preached because they had a message; and
Christians rejoiced because they had the VICTORY!
Preachers preached from the Bible;
Singers sang from the heart;
Sinners turned to the Lord to be SAVED!
A new birth meant a new life; Salvation meant a changed life;
Following Christ led to eternal life.
We have turned church to theatre
Alter to stage
The Gospel to motivations
Faith to management.
Being a preacher meant you proclaimed the word of God;
Being a deacon meant you would serve the Lord;
Being a Christian meant you would live for Jesus;
And being a sinner meant someone was praying for you!
Laws were based on the Bible;
Homes read the Bible;
And churches taught the Bible.
Preachers were more interested in new converts than new clothes and new cars.
Church was where you found Christians on the Lord's day, rather than in the park,
on the creek bank, on the golf course, or being entertained somewhere else.
Give me that old time religion
'Tis good enough for me!
Am tired of the new
Am tired of hypocrisy
Am tired of betrayals
I want the old
I still like the "Old Paths" Jeremiah 6:16
Monday, January 29, 2018
Give me the old time religion where the love for God brought us to church and not the needs at home
Saturday, April 29, 2017
The church is the last place humanity should be allowed to anonymously pass by each other. As Christians we live in the eyes-wide-open panorama of the cross of Christ (1 Cor. 1:18). No longer stumbling about in the pervasive darkness blind to the sin that plagues our existence. We now walk in the light (Eph. 5:7-8). We see each other clearly with all our common ailments.
From our common confession springs sympathy and compassion. Rather than reject each other, we welcome each other into a common life of brokenness, grace, forgiveness and transformation. No one passes by unknown or unaccepted. There is no longer a need to hide our brokenness. There is nothing left for us to hide (for all is known) and no reason to hide it (for all is forgiven). There is no need to put on our “Sunday best.” We are free to confess our weakness one to another without fear of condemnation (Psa. 34:17-18). Or, are we?
Despite the fact that we place a premium on “authentic relationships,” very few people within the church ever come to enjoy them. We make great boasts of “the way and the truth and the life”, but gather us together into our churches and all this truth speech goes silent. We clam up about the interior of our own souls and personal struggles. We hide from one another. What you tend to hear in church instead of soul-exposing honesty is cliché driven dialogue adorned with spiritual speak. “Fine,” we say to one another, “I’m doing fine.” We accept these sorts of answers from one another and move on to sports, kids or weekly routines. But, we are not “fine” and we know it. We are all fallen people (Rom. 3:23). All our silence is needless and destructive (Psa. 32:3-5).
We need to be known.
For as long as we have been “in church” how many of us are truly known by other people? How well do we know those around us? Furthermore, how many of us truly know ourselves. There is a self-awareness and perspective on life that can only come from mutual fellowship saturated in the truth of God’s Word (Eph. 4:25).
True Christian fellowship is born of truth and freedom and grace. The truth about who we truly are before a Holy God. The freedom to confess our brokenness in view of God’s unconditional love through Christ. The grace to receive each other’s broken lives without condemnation. This type of love is equal parts intrusion and gentleness (Phil. 1:9). The fruit of such love is an accountability which, rather than producing fear, produces freedom (1 Jn. 4:18).
Are you truly known by your brothers and sisters in Christ?
Here are a few positive signs that you’re experiencing true fellowship as a Christian:
· Sunday services are the smallest part of your participation in the church. The greater exposure to the Body of Christ happens outside of Sunday morning’s service throughout the week.
· Multiple members of your church would be the first people on the scene if you should experience a great need or personal tragedy.
· Due to exposure people exist who can read your life well enough to inquire about the condition of your soul. And they cannot be “snowed” by casual answers.
· You are currently on someone’s prayer list. Someone else is on yours.
Church culture can sometimes prevent genuine fellowship.
Ironically, there are aspects of church culture that can drive us away from the friendships that are ours in Christ—not towards them. Here are some common barriers to fellowship in the local body.
· A judgmental spirit that keeps sinners back from confession (Matt. 7:1-5).
· A shallow message that avoids frank talk of sin and the root problem with humanity (Col. 1:21).
· A moralistic culture that is only concerned with improving behavior rather than getting to the heart (Matt. 6:1).
· A privatized view of faith that avoids any contact with others or the accountability fellowship offers (Heb. 3:13).
· A lack of compassion in the church that overlooks individuals or certain demographics (1 Cor. 12:22-23).
· A selfish perspective that approaches church with personal needs in mind (Phil. 2:4).
Egbutu Chinedum N.
Hebrews 12: 13.
Mark out a straight part for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong.
This is exactly what Nigerian past leaders, both secular and sacred failed to do.
The parts they left behind are just crooked and leads to nowhere.
And this is why we are where we are today. - - NOWHERE.
Lord help me and my generation to leave a straight part for both our friends and foes.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Saturday, September 4, 2010
2. The RIGHTEOUS Shall Be Justified Or Acquitted in Court.
(DEUT.25: 1) Kjv.
3. The RIGHTEOUS Keep Moving Forward.(Job 17:19) NLT.
4. The RIGHTEOUS Will Outlive The WICKED (Job 22;19)
5. GOD Does not withdraw His Eyes from the RIGHTEOUS.
(Job 32: 7). KJV.
6. The LORD Watches Over The Way Of The RIGHTEOUS.
(Ps 1: 6). NIV.
7. The LORD Will Bless the RIGHTEOUS (Ps 5: 12). KJV.
8. GOD Establishes The RIGHTEOUS. (Ps 7: 9) KJV.
9. GOD is Present in the Company of the RIGHTEOUS
(Ps 14; 5) NIV.
10. The Eyes of the LORD Are Upon The RIGHTEOUS
(PS 34: 15). KJV.
11. The RIGHTEOUS Cry and the LORD Hearth. (PS 34 :17)
12. A RIGHTEOUS Man May Have Many Troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all. (Ps.34:19) Niv
13. Those Who Hate The RIGHTEOUS Will Be Punished.
(PS 34: 21) NLT.
14. The Little the Righteous Have Is Better Than the Wealth Of Many wicked. (Ps.37:16)Niv
15. The LORD Upholds The Righteous. (PS 37 : 17) NIV
16. The Righteous Shows Mercy and Gives Gifts. (PS 37: 21) NIV
17. The Righteous Is Never Forgotten. (PS 37; 25) NIV
18. The Righteous Will Inherit the Land and Dwell In It Forever
: 29) NIV
19. The Mouth Of The Righteous Speaks Wisdom. (PS 37: 30) KJV
20. The Lord Will Never Allow The Righteous Fall. (55 : 22) NIV
21. The Righteous Will Be Glad When They Are Avenged.(PS59:10)NIV
22. There Is Reward For Righteousness. (PS 58: 11) KJV
23. The Righteous Will Be Glad. (PS 64: 10) KJV
24. The Righteous Shall Flourish.(PS 72: 7) KJV
25. The Horns Of The Righteous Will Be Lifted Up. (PS 75: 10) NIV
26. The Righteous Shall Flourish Like Palm Tree. (PS92: 12) KJV
27. The LORD Is the Defense, Rock and Refuge of the Righteous
(PS 94 ; 91-92)
28. Light Shines on the Godly, And Joy On Those Whose Hearts
be Righteous. (PS 97: 11)
29. A Righteous Man Will Be Remembered Forever. (PS 112; 6)
30. Sound Of Joy And Victory Resounds In The Tent Of The Righteous. (PS 118; 15) NIV
31. The righteous rise in the morning to give thanks unto the LORD. (PS 119: 62) KJV
32. The Rod of the Wicked Shall Not Rest Upon the Lot of THE RIGHTEOUS (PS.125:3)
33. The LORD Loves The Righteous. (PS 146 : 8 )
34. GOD Grants A Treasure Of Common Sense To The Honest.
( Pro 2: 7 )
35. The Secret Of The LORD Is With The Righteous. (Pro 3: 32 )
36. The LORD Does Not Allow The Righteous Go Hungry.
37. The Mouth Of The Righteous Is A Well Of Life. (Pro 10: 11) Kjv
38. The Ways Of The Righteous Bring Them Life. (Pro.10:6) NIV
39. The Lips Of The Righteous Tendeth To Life. (Pro 10:21)Kjv
40. The Desires Of The Righteous Shall Be Granted. (Pro.10:22) Kjv
41. The Righteous Is An Everlasting Foundation. (Pro.10:24) Kjv
42. The Prospect Of The Righteous Is Joy. (Pro.10:28) Niv
43. The Righteous Will Never Be Uprooted. (Pro.10:30) Niv
44. The Leaps Of The Righteous Know What Is Acceptable. (Pro.10:32) Niv
45. The Righteous Is Delivered Out Of Trouble. (Pro.11:8)Kjv
46. The Whole City Celebrates When The Godly Succeeds. (Pro.11:10)NLT
47. The Children Of The Godly Will Go Free. (Pro.11:21) NLT
48. The Godly Can Look Forward For Reward. (Pro.11:23)NLT
49. The Godly Flourish like Leaves In Spring. (Pro.11:28)Nlt
50. The Fruit Of The Righteous Is A Tree Of Life. (PRO.11:30) KJV
52.The Righteous Cannot Be Uprooted. (Pri.12:20) Kjv
53. The Plans Of The Righteous Are Just. (Pro.12:5) NIV
54. A Righteous Man Cares For The Lives Of His Animals. (Pro.12:10)Niv
55. The Root Of The Righteous Yields Fruits. (Pro.12:12) KJV
56. The Righteous Man Is Cautious In Friendship. (PR0.12:26) Niv
57. A Righteous Man Hates What Is False. (Pro.13:5) NIV
58. The Light Of The Righteous Shines Brightly. (Pro.13:9) Niv
60. The Righteous Eat To Their Hearts Content. (Pro.13:25) Niv
61. Among The Righteous There Is Favor, (Pro.14:9) Kjv
62. The Evil And The Wicked Bow At The Gate Of The Righteous.( Pro.14:19) Kjv
63. The Righteous Hath Hope In His Death. (Pro.14:32) KJV
64. There Is Treasure In The House Of The Righteous. (Pro.15:6)
65. The Way Of The Righteous Is Made Plain. (Pro.15:19) Kjv
66. The Heart Of The Godly Thinks Carefully Speaking. (Pro.15:28)Nlt
67. GOD Hears The Prayers Of The Righteous. (Pro.15:21)Nlt
68. Righteous Lips Are The Delight Of Kings. (Pro.16:13) Kjv
69. The Righteous Rennet Into The Name Of The LORD And Are Safe. (Pro.19:10) Kjv
70. THE RIGHTEOUS ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE HOUSE OF THE WICKED. (PRO.21:12)
71. The Wicked Becomes A Ransom For The Righteous. (Pro.21:18)Niv
72. The Righteous Gives without Sparing. (Pro.21:26) Niv
73. The Father Of The Righteous Has Great Joy. (Pro.23:24) Niv
74. GOD Says, Do Not Lie In Wait Nor Raid The House Of The Righteous. (Pro.24:15) Niv
75.The Righteous Are As Bold As Lion. (Pro.28:1) Niv
76. Those Who Lead Righteous People Along An Evil Part Will Fall Into Their Own Trap, (Pro.28:10) Nlt
77. When The Righteous Succeed Every One Is Happy. (Pro.28:12) Nlt
78. When The Righteous Are In Authority The People Rejoice. (Pro.28:12) Nlt
79.The Righteous Man Escapes Evil Shouting For Joy. (Pro.29:6) Nlt
80. The Righteous Considerate the Cause of the Poor (pro.27:7) kjv
81, The righteous shall see the fall of the wicked. (prp.29:16) Kjv
82. GOD is the judge of the righteous. (Ecc.3:17) Kjv
83. What the righteous do is in God’s hands. (Ecc.9:1) Niv
84. It shall be well with the righteous. (Isa.3:10) Kjv
85. GOD raises up the righteous from the east, gives him nations and makes him rule over kings. (Isa.41:2) Kjv
86. The righteous is taken away from the evil that is to come. (Isa.57:1) Kjv
87. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him. (Eze.18:20)Kjv
88. The righteous shall judge the unrighteous. (Eze.23:45)Kjv
89. He that receives a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. (Mat.10:41) Kjv
90. The righteous shall shine like the sun in their father’s kingdom. (Mat.13:34) Weymouth
91. The righteous will go into the life of ages. (Mt.25:46)
92. The heart felt supplication of a righteous man exerts a mighty influence. (James.5:16) Weymouth.
93. The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous. (1 Pet.3:12) Weymouth.
94.The righteous exalteth a nation. (Pro.12:34) Kjv
95. Righteousness keepeth him that is upright. (Pro.14:36) Kjv
96. God love him that follow after righteousness. (Prp15:19) Kjv
97. In righteousness shall a man be exalted. (Ps89:16) Kjv
98.In righteousness shall thou be established (Isa.54:14)Kjv
99. Sow for yourself righteousness; reap the fruit of unfailing love. (Hosea.10:12)Niv
100. Grace reigns through righteousness. (Rom.5:21) KJV.